Time Saving Baking Tips Baking is a great fun event for the whole family can enjoy. To make the season fun and a little less stressful we wanted to share some baking tips that will save you tons of time and effort. Get your little bakers together and follow these fun, easy tips and you’ll be baking like a pro!
1. Cold butter? No problem, just grate your butter with a cheese grater.
2. Don’t let sticky ingredients stick to measuring cups. Line your measuring cups with plastic wrap or spray with a non-stock spray first.
3. Eggshells in the bowl? To get it out, simply wet your finger, then place it near the broken bit. The shard will instantly gravitate to your finger.
4. The perfect cut. To make those perfect, crumb-free slices of brownies, bars and cakes simply run your knife under hot water for several seconds, then dry it before you slice. Baked goods won’t clump on a warm knife.
5. No rolling pin? No problem, wine bottles make a great substitute for rolling pins.
6. What is confectioner’s sugar? Don’t panic when a recipe calls for this type of powdered sugar. Put your regular sugar into the blender or food processor and blend at high speed until the sugar reaches the consistency of a fine powder. Easy peasy confectioner’s sugar!
7. Room temperature eggs? Use warm water to instantly bring eggs to room temperature. Simply place them in a bowl of hot water for 5 to 10 minutes and you’re good to go.
8. Ripen those bananas in an instant! Put those too-green bananas on a foil or parchment-lined pan and roast them until they are brown and squishy. Let them cool and then start that banana bread!
9. Decorate like a pro! Place those cookie cutters on top of your frosted cake and fill with sprinkles and lift away. Ta-da! Tip: Keep it simple.
10. Frost those cupcakes like a pro! Bake marshmallows on top of your cupcakes for the perfect fluffy frosting.
Quick and Easy Holiday Recipes Holiday baking is time for those delicious family recipes. What were your favourite Christmas and holiday treats growing up? Share with your family and keep those traditions going. Here are some of our favourites.