Your pharmacist is an important part of your healthcare team. In addition to dispensing your medications, pharmacists can play an important role in monitoring and managing your prescriptions to ensure any medical treatments you’re receiving are safe and effective. They can work closely with your doctor to prevent medication interactions and tailor treatment to your unique health needs.
If you take several medications, we recommend that you book a medication check-up with our pharmacist at least once or twice a year to:
- Review and update your medication list
- Identify and resolve any potential medication-related concerns
- Develop a personalized care plan
- Review any chronic health conditions
- Create a personalized action plan
Over-the Counter Medication Consultation
Although they’re available without a prescription, some over-the-counter medications are unsafe for people with certain health conditions or on prescriptions. Our pharmacists can advise on which non-prescription medications are okay to take given your unique circumstances. They can also provide guidance on how and when to take your medications, and how to store them properly.
Our pharmacists can also:
- Prescribe medications for minor illnesses and health conditions*
- Advise on prevention and management of certain health conditions like diabetes, heart disease and lung health
- Take care of your family’s routine and travel vaccinations
- Offer DNA testing to optimize your medications based on your genes*
Questions? Your pharmacist is always here to help.